Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In space, no one can hear you curl up into a little ball


Been playing Dead Space 2 for the past few days (with the headphones on – my girlfriend doesn’t like the sound of necromorphs and corpses being squooshed). Bizarrely, turns out I talk to the undead, misshapen, mutated corpses that are trying to kill me. How odd.

I’m really enjoying it, though bizarrely, I’ve not been finding it that scary so far. Well, at least until Isaac reached a certain old ship. The sudden lack of necromorphs, or any sign of people is really getting to me. I’m expecting an attack any moment, and that freaks me out far more than the actual enemies. Had to switch back to Red Dead Redemption before I went to bed to calm down.

Yeesh, what a wuss.

Also been spending quite a bit of time working on the website, trying to get all the bits and pieces together – should be published in the next few days. Quite looking forward to that, actually. I’m rubbish with html and coding of any sort, so thank Fate for point and click online web builders.

Final edit of my book is going well, though I did discover a stupid little error in an early chapter. One of the early chapters that has been sent to agents. D’oh!

Ce’st la vie.

I’m listening to the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack a lot at the moment. I guess it has something to do with the style of music, but it really feels just right for the style of my world. That and I really like string music.

Right, back to fighting those blasted necromorphs!

Phillip J. Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment