Monday, February 14, 2011

I can see clearly now

Out my window, I can see perfectly clear blue sky, and the big tree outside my office window is illuminated by golden sunlight, as are the roofs beyond, the sun low enough that shadows cast from the individual tiles stretch across the rooftop. All in all, it looks lovely outside my window, and even though I know it's still cold, I'd much rather be outside. Except for this little thing called work. Oh well.

More pertinently today, Heather and I are off to view our first house/flat together! Well, to be fair, we've been living together now for 8 months, but as I'm a senior sub warden in university halls, the flat we have isn't technically ours, and quite honestly could do with a massive make-over. We're moving out in August, so looking now is a little premature, but it means we can get a good idea of what we'll get for our money. As long as it means we don't have students who sound like a heard of elephants living above us, I'll be happy.

I've not been writing much lately. The edit is still going strong, and should hopefully have that fully completed in a couple of weeks. I'm only picking out small faults now, so I'm going to leave the document alone when it's done. If I don't, I'll probably keep editing until it's completely different, and to be honest, I miss writing, so I'm quite looking forward to getting back to that. It'll be a bit of a change too - Liberator's Ruin is a science fantasy (I find that more interesting than straight fantasy, mixing magic and technology), whilst my next story, Serial Psyence, is a sci-fi thriller.

Watched some of the trailers for Deus Ex Human Revolution at the weekend. The music is definitely channelling a Tron: Legacy/ Daft Punk vibe, which I love, and unlike so very many sci-fi shooters, it's not grey! Admittedly, seen very little of the gameplay, so it's still up in the air as to whether it'll be any good or not, but I shall be keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment