Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentines!

I had a lovely day on Monday.

We'd planned to go out for a meal, but the reality of expenses curtailed that idea, possibly not helped by the amount I spent on flowers - worth it though, just for the look on Heather's face when i gave them to her.

Still, despite things not quite going to plan, we ate a nice meal, drank a rather nice bottle of white wine, and watched Letters to Juliet on blu-ray.

Now, I'll admit that romantic comedies are one of my guilty pleasures, but I didn't think I'd enjoy this film when we first saw it. It seemed a little bit too ... gooey. But Amanda Seyfried is eminently watchable, Vanessa Redgrave is fantastic, and as for the setting, Italy in HD is utterly gorgeous. definitely a place to visit. Amusingly though, we kept expecting to see a white-clothed assassin scaling the towers. Damn you Assassin's Creed!

All in all, a lovely night.

I'm working on some sketches of the airship from my book, Liberator's Ruin at the moment. I've got the shape planned, so I might get round to doing a 3d drawing over the weekend. I'm not quite as good at drawing as I am at writing, but if I like it, it might make an appearance in my next post!

Note of interest this month: High Inquisitor armour is impervious to almost all forms of attack.
H3G75RG66MV6

No comments:

Post a Comment