Friday, February 3, 2012

Thoughts on the week

Been a bit of a rubbish week, I have to admit. Heather had an interview for a job closer to home, which would have been great as it would reduce her fuel expenses almost by half. Unfortunately, the place wasn't all we hoped it would be, and they turned her down.

I also found out that the application I submitted for a job has been turned down. However, thinking about it, I didn't want the job anyway, having left the department it was in several years ago, at the time to move on to better things (as it turned out, those better things didn't materialise, and the recession hit big time).

If you think about it, maybe it's not such a bad week after all. I mean, neither myself or Heather wanted the jobs, did we? So, if you think about it, the silver lining in an otherwise dreary week, was that we didn't get jobs we didn't want.

Huh.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Writing!

Serial Psyence continues apace, and I should reach 30,000 words before the week is out.

I've also finished the short story, now titled 'Wild Ride', and will start editing it next week. I'm hoping to enter it into a competition to be published in an anthology. As the deadline for submission is in June, I think I've got plenty of time. I might even be able to come up with a couple more.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment