Friday, February 24, 2012

All quiet on the Western Front

Serial Psyence is pootling along along nicely still. It's been an interesting week for the book, as this week I attempted to write from the perspective of a 12-year-old girl. Not something I'm familiar with, if I'm honest. but I was 12 once, so I went with that. I'm not entirely sure it's turned out okay, but that's something I can fix in the edit. Right now, it's more important that I get the story down, so I should reach my goal of 40,000 words by the end of today.

Yes, I count words. Some writers do, some don't. I do. It's not that I'm measuring my progress ... actually, it is. I like to see how much I've done in a day (I have an aim to write between 700-900 words per day), and if I reach my target, then I feel good about myself. If I get lucky enough to write as my full time job, my goal will naturally increase.

I've also got a short story to edit. If anyone has read Liberator's ruin (if not, then you can get it here: Amazon and here: Smashwords) then you are familiar with the crew of the good ship Storm Brother. Well, the short story I'm writing is about to get a major edit next week, so I hope to be entering it for this anthology in a few weeks.

Oh, have I mentioned that Nathaniel will be in drag?

No comments:

Post a Comment