Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Characters Go Their Own Way

Characters often like to do their own thing. You have their whole life planned out - in so far as it exists in the course of a story - and they go throw a spanner in the works by deciding that's not for them.

I've described it before as like having real people sitting in my head, telling me what to do. I'm not crazy. I promise. And they only tell me what to put on screen. So far, anyway.

I'm still working on the edit for Wild Ride, and finding that Celine has new ideas for her dialogue. It's a bit like she's whispering it devilishly in my ear. She's that kind of woman.

As characters go, Celine El'Teague, ex-movie starlet is one for whom I have a complete picture. Physically, she looks rather like your typical 1940's starlet with a curvy figure. Think Hayley Atwell, but with honey-blonde hair. Personality wise, she's strong, independent and knows what she wants. She can be very sarcastic.

In short, Celine is fun to write, and I'm really enjoying working on the short story. But when it's done, I'm going back to Serial Psyence. There's a killer on the loose on Callisto. And Patrick needs my help to catch him.

No comments:

Post a Comment