Thursday, May 10, 2012

The morning news

Almost a month since my last post! I'd like to say I've been busy, but that would be a complete lie. Well, okay, not a complete lie.

We've had a few guests come to visit over the past few weekends, and last weekend we went to the wedding of Heather's cousin, Fran. When we left Birmingham, it was a dull and cloudy day, but the further west we drove, the nicer the weather got, and I am pleased to say that it was a lovely day for a wedding. That and the old Tudor building they got married in was absolutely lovely. The sort of place I think Heather and I would like to get married it, if we ever got to the point of affording it!

But after all that, this weekend we're staying at home. I must admit to feeling quite glad of it, to be honest. It's nice to see people, but I feel like I could do with some alone time, where I don't feel guilty if I put my headphones on and play on my Vita for a bit.

I decided to finally bite the bullet and send Wild Ride off to the folks at Fantasy-Faction, for their writing contest. If they like it, it could get published in their anthology next year. Wild Ride is a tale of derring-do and adventure ... mostly adventure. It tells the story of how an actress came to be aboard the Storm Brother, long before the crew became embroiled in the deadly events of Liberator's Ruin.

Lastly, Serial Psyence is continuing at a slow and steady pace, and I'm now closing in on 60,000 words. Sometimes it doesn't quite go the way I think it will, and characters are surprising me with their own paths that deviate from the ones I laid out for them. There's still a long way to go, but the journey is an interesting one. And for me, that's what matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment