Friday, May 25, 2012

A little less writing, a little more reading.

It's been a bit of a quiet week for me. As an alternative to writing, and because I felt like I needed a break, I've decided to spend some time reading instead. It's become a bit of a luxury these days, as I no longer reading quite as much as I used too, with the time I would normally spend reading now spent writing instead.

I have to admit, I've quite enjoyed it. It's been a change from being sat at my laptop during my lunch to do some writing (I work full time) and hammer out the next several hundred words of Serial Psyence. Helped rather a bit by reading the last book in the Ian Cormac series by Neal Asher: Line War. It's an excellent, well-written story which moves at a cracking pace, and ties its threads together very well.

but this can't go on. I've enjoyed my little break, but after this weekend, I'm back to work.

This novel won't write itself, you know.

I'm also attempting to read a few more science and technology articles than normal (ie more than zero). I sometimes find myself unable to find the right word for a new thingymabobby which is the greatest material in structural design, or working out what is the best engine technology to get you to Jupiter and back. So it's high time I caught up with things and see what sort of amazing stuff is out there. Things like the Hulc suit seem like early, military versions of my mobility suit, so it's quite cool to see what we're up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment