Monday, August 1, 2011

Moving on up, moving on out

Yes, I just quoted a song by M-People. Hey, it's on the radio, and seemed oddly appropriate.

Been really busy at the weekend. We got the keys to our new flat on Friday, and started moving all our stuff over. Fortunately had the help of two chaps with a van to move our big stuff (there's no way I'd get the washing machine up the stairs - I still have no idea how they managed it).

I think we're about two thirds in now, but there's still a lot of stuff still at our old place which has to be boxed up and moved over, including clothes and various bits of crap. Let's face it, most is mine, not Heather's. I hoard, I know.

Annoyingly though, we cant' take our two-seater sofa with us. The stairs up to the flat are far too narrow to get it in, which means a trip to Ikea for one of their nice flat pack sofas.

In writing related news, I've still a lot to do on Serial Psyence. I'm less than halfway through my plan, so I'm having my doubts about starting the actual writing bit by September.

I've never actually written a thriller before, so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment